Thursday, August 2, 2012

Yabu: House of Katsu

My friend and I had late lunch at Yabu: House of Katsu last Monday. Despite arriving there around 2pm, the place was still full. The restaurant was a lot smaller the last time I've been there but I remember making reservations earlier just to avoid the line. No wonder they had to extend by almost double its size. We were fifth in line but we didn't have to wait long to be seated. 
 read more below

Obviously their best seller would be the Kurubuta Pork set in their Premium Tonkatsu line. You can pick either the 90g, 120g or 180g, but the 90g is more than enough to keep you full. An order comes with unlimited cabbage, miso soup and fruits. Last time I went here I already ordered their Tonkatsu, so I decided to get the Katsudon, and I must say I like it better.  The hefty serving size made it impossible for me to finish the entire dish.
Their special step-by-step Katsu sauce. 

Not sure if they have a branch somewhere else, but I'm guessing this one's their first. I hope they do open more branches though, and add more items in their menu. 

2/F SM Megamall, Julia Vargas AveHighway Hills, Mandaluyong(02) 576-3900

1 comment: